The picture shows the BP2000W inverter installed in the SUV of BMW X5. It is small in size and does not take up space, but it can solve a lot of power problems for your journey.
What does an inverter do in a car?
Most modern cars are equipped with several USB ports that can charge a mobile device such as a cell phone or two. But for drivers who need to charge large electronic devices like laptops, cameras, drones or power tools, a USB port won’t do the trick—in order to use a large battery on the trip, you’ll need an inverter. Vehicle power inverters come in all shapes and sizes and serve a variety of uses beyond charging equipment. Inverters provide AC power to small household and kitchen appliances (such as induction cookers, rice cookers, small refrigerators, etc.) during outdoor trips.
How big of a power inverter do i need for my car?
If it is a short-distance self-driving tour, you may only need to charge common electronic devices such as mobile phones, cameras, and iPods, and then a 300W inverter is enough. If it is a long trip, you need to choose a high-power inverter. The BP2000W inverter is equipped with 2 AC power sockets and 1 USB port, allowing you to charge up to 3 devices at the same time. 2000W continuously supply power, and the peak power up to 4000W, suitable for all household appliances below 2000W such as laptops, digital portables, fans, refrigerators, coffee machines, drones, chainsaws, etc. RX-2 Remote Control can be connected to facilitate remote switching of the inverter. Equipped with a silent cooling fan, it can rotate at different speeds according to power load and temperature to help dissipate heat and reduce operating noise. In addition, built-in overload protection, short circuit protection, overcurrent protection, etc., are safe to use.
When using an inverter, there are still some issues to be aware of：
1. When parking, the inverter must be turned off, or the 12V power socket must be unplugged. Use the power inverter when the vehicle engine is running.
2. When not in use, also cut off the input power of the inverter.
3. The car should be placed in a ventilated and dry environment to avoid rain. Keep a distance of 20cm from surrounding objects and keep away from flammable and explosive items. Do not place it in an environment above 40 degrees.
4. The inverter input must be the same as the inverter DC input voltage. For example, a 12V inverter must be used with a 12V battery.
5. The output power of the inverter must be higher than the output power of electronic equipment, especially high-power appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioners, which may require additional power.
6. The input voltage of the inverter is divided into positive and negative poles. To connect the two correctly, the power cord must be thick enough and not too long.